Hello everyone. 🙂
Not my typical blog post, but fashion and fun isn’t on my mind at this moment; rather, my focus is on life and how finite it is.
This weekend, my brother-in-law died unexpectedly. It came out of nowhere. He was on a hiking trip and suddenly lost consciousness. I’ve never lost anyone close to me, and he was in my life for 23 years, so it’s quite a long time to have known someone.
I just wanted to share that all we have is today. This moment. This second. Anything beyond isn’t guaranteed. It’s strange how deeply I understand this now, more than ever.
I’m writing this from my favorite coffee shop, Yellow Mug, which ironically is the last place I saw him alive. I feel that I need to find a silver lining somehow, and so I’ve really stopped to think of life itself and the little things we can do to make it a happier one. This is my personal list I came up with:
- Find something each day that makes you happy, no matter how small it is. Like right now, this iced mocha I’m drinking, and how I’m going to do some journaling after I post this, makes me happy.
- Take care of yourself. Mentally, physically, spiritually.
- Lend a helping hand. I’m part of the LDS Just Serve committee at my church, and we’re planning on hosting a dinner at Valley Children’s Hospital in the months to come, along with other service projects. I have a deep desire now to partake in this and make it happen.
- Keep those who care about you close and appreciate them.
- Let go of those who don’t. This one is particularly hard for me. I’m admittedly, very naïve to a fault at times, and don’t realize until much later that my heart and feelings are just being played with.
I have to find some sort of positive in this, therefore I’m going to move forward with my life with this little mental checklist in mind. I hope it may have helped any readers out there, to inspire you to live a life that is best for you while we are still here on earth. ♥